1. A new cooker (with fan) and washing machine have been bought for the Rectory kitchen.
2. The chains for the small ventilation panels in the stained glass windows need to be replaced, and there is sufficient money for this in the window fund. However, once this has been done the only money remaining will be a donation designated for the Saint Francis window, so more donations are needed in order to continue the work of repairs and maintenance.
3. The fault on the organ, which developed during the Remembrance Day service, will not be easy to repair /replace. Thankfully someone present at that service has offered the use of their keyboard as a long-term loan.
4. Christmas projects are being carried out by each of the congregations. The English speaking congregation is responsible for the boxes (mostly prepared by San Silvestre School) being sent to Cuzco, Abancay, Caraz and Lima. The Spanish speaking congregation is holding a Christmas activity for children from Jesus el Salvador (in Villa el Salvador)
5. A provisional report was given about the Bazaar, with specific positive mention of the involvement of so many members of the congregations and the hall design. A full report will be prepared by the Committee.
6. A record of thanks was made to Rev Ian Montgomery for his presence at the Remembrance Day service and 2 other Sundays in November. He will be in Lima to take the services on 24th and 25th Dec, and also for 3 weeks before and over Easter.
7. Estimates are being sought for some of the work that needs to be carried out in the Hall
Join us for a pre-season warm-up, a wonderful day of Christmas shopping, entertainment, Santa Claus and games for children, the Garden Café and Afternoon Tea, handicrafts and other ideal Christmas gifts, a whole new selection of second-hand books, and great raffle prizes! And of course, our classic Christmas puddings, mincemeat, marmalades and a wonderful choice of British goodies.
HOW CAN I HELP?
Firstly, please share this poster with your friends by email and social media.
You can also find the event on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/
Please note this year we have extended our hour to 4PM.
Secondly, there are many contributions you can make to help make this event special:
Thirdly, finally and most importantly, we require your time. On the day we need volunteers to various activities and stalls. If you can help please contact us as soon as possible.